Hi! I’m Loni Jean, owner of Desert Curls Studio located in Sparks, Nevada.
It’s my mission to help others love and embrace their curly hair . I use plant based organic products to achieve the best and healthiest natural curls possible.
I’m here to help you start your curl journey or even help tweak your current one .
My specialties include:
- First and foremost: EDUCATING my clients. My goal is to make sure that my clients can go home and achieve beautiful hair on their own.
- Plant based ingredient educator. I believe it is very important to know what ingredients are in the products we use and how they can affect our hair, skin and body. I pride myself on educating clients on chemicals and scientific terms for the every day products we use. I use all organic styling products to achieve the best and healthiest hair possible.
- Educating my clients on HEALTHY, HAPPY hair! I want to make sure my clients have the right knowledge on what is good and bad for their hair and how to achieve healthy hair.
- Enhancing Natural Curl: Specializing in enhancing natural curl, cutting and coloring. All my natural curl services come with a curl lesson and product knowledge to help everyday curly hair guests. My goal is to help my clients achieve beautiful, healthy and obtainable natural curly hair and to educate them on the art of natural curly hair.
- Balayage highlights: A natural way to have amazing dimensional colors or highlights with out the "stripe-y" look. Looks beautiful months and months later. Ideal for clients who don't visit the salon as often but love dimension.
- Superior Grey Coverage: I use only the best hair color line to target and cover grey hair while keeping the integrity and looking natural.
- Hydration Lessons: Using moisturizing, proper products, I help natural curly hair guests eliminate frizz, embrace luscious curls and splurge on all my tips and tricks for styling and achieving the best first, second and third day natural curly hair.
If you are looking to start embracing your curl and get your health and length back, or just wanting a new approach to your curl routine now, id love to help.
Organic Haircare Educator
Cut It Kinky Certified 2018
Natural Curly Hair Artistry Symposium 2015, 2016, 2018
Beth Minardi Color
Deva Curl Products
Cutting Techniques Straight/Curly Hair
Advanced Balayage Techniques
Advanced Highlighting Techniques
Advanced Curly Hair Coloring Techniques
Mens Barbering Cuts
Photography/ Video hair/makeup
Hydrating Natural Curly Hair Ethnic/swavy/wavy/spiral
Business in/out of the salon
Wet/Dry Natural Curly Hair Cutting Techniques
A.R.T Academy Ramirez Trans 2017
American Certified Board of Hair Colorists 2017
CHA International Curly Hair Artistry
Advanced hand painted techniques